The British Pharmacopoeia 2023- print
- The British Pharmacopeia 2023 - print
BP 2023 print
Available from 1 August 2022 | Effective from 1 January 2023 | Superseding the BP 2022
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2023 is the most comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products. It includes around 4,000 monographs including the BP (Veterinary) and all European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) monographs, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
Why use the BP?
If a pharmaceutical substance or finished product is marketed in a country where the BP is a legal standard, it must comply with the requirements of the BP throughout its shelf life.
The BP is a vital reference tool for all individuals and organisations involved in pharmaceutical:
• quality control and analysis
What does the BP contain?
The BP includes:
• general notices (providing general information applicable to all texts)
• general monographs (apply to all dosage forms)
• specific monographs providing mandatory standards for:
• active pharmaceutical ingredients
• formulated preparations (licensed and unlicensed products)
• herbal drugs, herbal drug products and herbal medicinal products
• materials for use in the manufacture of homoeopathic preparations
• blood-related products
• immunological products
• radiopharmaceutical preparations
• infrared reference spectra
• supplementary chapters (providing additional guidance)
• comprehensive index
British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary)
The BP (Veterinary) is published as a companion volume to the British Pharmacopoeia. It contains standards for substances and products used solely in the practice of veterinary medicine in the UK.
The BP (Vet) also incorporates monographs and texts of the European Pharmacopoeia.
The Ph. Eur. is published by the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare.
The European Pharmacopoeia Commission is responsible for the publication of the Ph. Eur. The UK is a member of the EP Commission and is involved at all stages of Ph. Eur. monograph development.
In addition to all European Pharmacopoeia texts being included, the new edition also features:
The BP 2023 supersedes the BP 2022 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2023. This edition incorporates new monographs from both the BP and Ph. Eur. along with a significant number of revised monographs.
Monographs and content:
23 new BP monographs, 59 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
151 amended BP monographs.
All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 10th edition as amended by Supplements 10.1 to 10.8 are included.
Ph. Eur. supplements 11.0, 11.1, and 11.2 included as in-year online and download product updates
• New Tracked Changes functionality makes it easier to identify changes made to monographs and view the most recent versions suitable to you. Save time when reading through monographs with clear symbols highlighting different types of changes and customise your view by toggling through different levels of detail.
• Streamlined Timeline functionality and cleaner design helps you find the information you need. Easily see the editions of the BP in which a monograph was published and subsequently revised. Archive subscribers can now access all previous editions of BP and Ph. Eur., through the improved navigation.
• Concise ‘How to use the BP’ guide helps you to comply with the BP, navigate more effectively and follow formulated product monographs.
• We're releasing 8 new BPCRS to coincide with the new and revised monographs in the BP 2021. This means you can order the new chemical reference standards alongside the BP 2020 - helping you comply with the new standards from January 2021.
• Ensure you get the best value access to the information you need. Choose from a range of flexible licences and formats - including full online and offline access.
Technical inquiry about: 47-9780113230921 The British Pharmacopoeia 2023- print
If you want to request a quotation or place an order, please instead add the desired products to your cart and then request a quotation or order from the cart. It is faster, cheaper, and you will be able to benefit from the available discounts and other advantages.